FEATURES, CARE, GUARANTEE & AFTER-SALES SERVICE
These vary for each product.
Analogue chronograph watches have both time and stopwatch functions. Typically the second hand will be used for stopwatch functions, while sub-dials may indicate time elapsed seconds, minutes and hours.
Multi-dial analogue watches may show day, date and 24 hour time on separate dials to the hour, minutes and seconds of the standard dial, giving the appearance of a chronograph watch without the stopwatch function and without the more expensive price tag.
A clock face style dial upon which a rotating hour and longer minute hand are mounted. Many watches also incorporate a third hand to show the current second of the current minute.
Swiss movements have a worldwide reputation for being the most reliable, high quality watch movements available. This encompasses all the key features required in a watch movement : accuracy, reliability and shock-resistance. All NEXT watches incorporating a Swiss movement state this on the reverse of the watch casing.
If your watch is water resistant it will be marked on the dial and/or the case back with an ATM. Please check your watch and follow the guidelines below to determine if your watch is water resistant.
• After setting the time or date, please ensure the crown is fully pushed in and never operate the crown or buttons if your watch is in contact with water.
• If your watch is exposed to sea water, rinse carefully in fresh water and wipe dry.
• If the watch is not marked ‘water resistant’, please do not expose the watch to any liquid, as damage may result
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEXT WATER-RESISTANT WATCH
NEXT do not recommend wearing your water-resistant watch in a hot shower, sauna or hot tub. The extreme heat causes the metal parts to expand at a different rate than the rubber gaskets. This creates small openings that can allow water droplets to penetrate the watch. Sudden temperature changes are especially harsh. Take care not to jump into a cold pool after wearing your watch in the hot tub.
After swimming in salt water, please rinse the watch in a stream of fresh water immediately. If your watch has a rotating bezel, turn the bezel several times while rinsing it. This will prevent salt build-up and corrosion of the bezel ring. Some chemicals can corrode the gaskets and make it vulnerable. Heavily chlorinated water can cause problems, as can spray-on perfumes and hairsprays that work their way into the watch's seams and damage the gaskets. (They can also damage the finish on the watch.)
Leather straps are easily damaged by frequent exposure to water. Wearing a leather strap watch whilst swimming / immersing your leather strap watch in any water, is not recommended.
TIME & DATE SETTING
1. Pull out crown two clicks to position 3 (time setting) and move the hands forward until they pass through 12.00 midnight and the calendar changes. Continue turning to the appropriate time of day taking care to pass through 12.00 once more if setting time after 12.00 noon.
2. Push the crown in one click to position 2 (rapid date setting). By turning the crown in the opposite direction the date can be quickly set without altering the time.
This date setting procedure will need to be followed after the last day of each month not having 31 days.
3. Push the crown back fully to position 1 for the watch to operate normally.
IMPORTANT - Watches marked ‘water resistant’ will not resist water penetration if the crown is not fully returned to position 1.
1. Press in the end of the spring bar with a pin or sharp instrument. BEWARE - the spring bar may pop out when released from the locating hole.
2. Move the bracelet to the desired position and relocate the spring bar into the nearest locating hole.
If your watch bracelet requires further adjustment or is not fitted with this type of clasp, please return your watch to the Next Service Centre for appropriate adjustment. Please click here for further details.
This adjustment service is free of charge within 6 months of purchase – proof of purchase will be required. Please allow 7-10 working days to allow inward and outward postage.
• Never attempt to open the case of your watch.
• Water resistant watches are fitted with rubber seals which may deteriorate after long usage. These should be replaced every 2-3 years to maintain water resistancy.
• Should condensation appear in the watch it should be immediately overhauled as water will corrode the electronic components causing malfunction.
• Whilst your watch is shock-resistant, please do not take any unnecessary risks by wearing your watch whilst carrying out rough work etc.
• Avoid exposing your watch to extremely high or low temperatures.
• Always remove your watch whilst applying perfume, deodorant sprays and cosmetics as they have a corrosive effect and may cause tarnishing.
• Do not allow contact with any corrosive agent e.g. fuel, paint, cleaning solvents, adhesives etc. as the chemical action will destroy the seals and affect the case and finish.
WASTE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006 (the WEEE Regulations) came into effect in the United Kingdom on 1st July 2007. Products which are covered by the WEEE Regulations have a crossed out wheelie bin symbol on either the product itself or its packaging.
This symbol aims to encourage you to identify and dispose of WEEE product separately from other household waste. The separate collection of WEEE saves energy and resources and avoids hazardous materials from going to landfill.
NEXT is required to offer a free method of disposal of your old electronic and electrical equipment. NEXT has joined a UK wide distributor take back scheme (DTS) to encourage our customers to recycle these goods. If you have an old electrical or electronic product that has reached the end of its life, you can deposit it free of charge at Civil Amenity Sites for recycling.
To find your nearest WEEE collection facility visit www.recycle-more.co.uk
All NEXT watches are manufactured with first class materials.
Subject to the conditions stated below, and with proof of purchase, all NEXT watches are guaranteed against defects of material and manufacture for the period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Please note the guarantee does not cover any damage or faults caused by:
• mis-use or accidental damage
• normal wear and tear
• water penetration when caused by failure to comply with water resistance instructions
BATTERY REPLACEMENT / AFTER SALES SERVICE
In the unlikely event of a fault arising under the terms of the guarantee, please take your watch to any NEXT store along with your proof of purchase and our staff will provide you with a new watch or a full refund.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
If your watch begins to lose time or stops, the battery will need to be replaced. Battery replacement should only be carried out by a qualified watch technician as it requires the use of specialist tools. This service can be provided by the Next Service Centre for all watches within Guarantee. Please click here and use the form and address label to send your watch to the Service Centre for Battery Replacement.